Denise L'Estrange-Corbet is the sharp shooting co-founder of fashion brand WORLD, who along with Francis Hooper and $400 between them, started, what is known today, as New Zealand's most progressive fashion brand.
Born in New Zealand, Denise was educated in London and lived there for many years, before returning home, where within a year of settling here, had launched WORLD. Celebrating 22 years in business 2011, WORLD currently has 10 stand alone stores. WORLD has shown at the Official Fashion Weeks in London, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
Denise was invited to speak at APEC in 1999, she has also spoken with John Pilger at the Peace Awards, and sat on Helen Clark's Business Forum in 2000. She was the first female Fashion Designer to be recognised by Queen Elizabeth II and awarded with being made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit MNZM (formerly an MBE) in 2002. She is a published author, and her autobiography, entitled All that Glitters... was amongst the 2008 Bestsellers List.
Denise is an Ambassador for the Diabetes Foundation Auckland, and works closely with fundraising for the Mental Health Foundation and the IHC.
She lectures on fashion and judges many events around the country. She is also a weekly contributor in the weekend Herald's Canvas magazine, is the Fashion and Beauty Commentator every Monday morning on EasyMix 98.2FM, she is the Beauty Product Writer for the monthly Ponsonby News, is a regular feature on talkback radio's The Panel with Jim Mora, discussing current events. Denise is also a columnist for New Idea Magazine.
WORLD, as one of the most prominent New Zealand fashion brands, received the cover of the extensive coffee table book by Fashion Historian, Angela Lassig, entitled New Zealand Fashion Design, launched in 2010.
In the 2011 poll by the Reader's Digest Denise was voted number 7 on New Zealand's Most Trusted list and has been made Honorary Fellow of the Universal College of Learning (UCOL) - for an outstanding and distinguished contribution to the wider community of which UCOL is a part; and an outstanding and distinguished contribution to society in general.
Client Comments for Denise L'Estrange-Corbet
Denise L'Estrange-Corbet travels from New Zealand
- WOW what can I say… she was absolutely fantastic. The ladies were thrilled and can talk about nothing else today - the school is a buzz with laughter and joy after last night.
The overall feedback from everyone was how ‘real' Denise was - I don't think there was anyone in the audience that was not ‘in stitches' during most of her presentation. We LOVED having her.
She was perfect for the crowd and what an absolutely delightful ‘down to earth' lady Denise is. She left 250 women very happy and they were inspired by her message of how so many things about us (women) are OK!
St Peter's College
- Denise was well received by the audience. They enjoyed her down to earth 'real' attitude and approach. She gave them a new and fresh appreciation for women in business.
Pharmacy Wholesalers Russells
- Denise touched on a wide variety of topics - all entertaining and humourous. They all loved her and could relate to her. She was wonderful!
- Denise's presentation was excellent and the audience thoroughly enjoyed it.—
- Denise was extremely well suited to our event. The speech was pitched at the right level and was very entertaining.
Pharmacy Brands Ltd
- Denise's presentation was excellent - motivational, funny and stylish.
- "Denise was just wonderful! Very easy to deal with and our teachers absolutely loved her honesty and humour. Denise's life story was a perfect fit for the theme of our conference "Resilience". Denise is a true inspiration."
Hutt City Kindergarten Annual Teachers Conference
- business success
"Excellent service, nothing was a problem and made the whole process seamless."
NZICA - Presidential Dinner
Subscribe to our newsletter