Denise L'Estrange-Corbet is the sharp shooting co-founder of WORLD, who along with Francis Hooper and $400 between them, launched, what is known today as New Zealand's most progressive and philanthropic fashion brand.
Denise is outspoken, and often sought for her opinion from fashion to politics and everything in between.
Denise was invited to speak at APEC, has spoken with the legendary journalist John Pilger at the Peace Awards, and met with the Dalai Lama. She also sat on Helen Clark's Business Forum.
She was the first female Fashion Designer to be recognised by Queen Elizabeth II and awarded with being made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (formerly an MBE) in 2002.
Denise is a published author, and her autobiography, entitled 'All that Glitters...' went straight to number two on the Bestsellers List of 2008.
WORLD has shown on the Official fashion catwalks of London, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney and New Zealand.
Denise is an Ambassador for the Diabetes Foundation Auckland, and recently was made an Ambassador for the IHC Art Awards, having judged the awards for seven years.
Since 2013 WORLD has employed an IHC artist in their inner city workroom. Denise feels people with learning difficulties and disabilities need to be shown kindness, respect, integration and acceptance in all types of workplaces.
Denise has worked closely with the Mental Health Foundation since 1998, The Starship Foundation and The Leukaemia and Blood Cancer Foundation, amongst a host of others.
In 2011 Denise was voted the second Most Trusted Women in New Zealand in the Reader's Digest Poll and was made an Honorary Fellow of the Universal College of Learning (UCOL) - for her outstanding and distinguished contribution to society in general.
Denise features regularly on the countries most listened to talkback show 'The Panel' with Jim Mora, as well as regularly on TV shows regarding current affairs.
2015 saw Denise play the lead in the play 'Sitting Pretty' in which she played Nancy, a plump 55 year old, who was unemployed and depressed, but went on to become a nude model for art classes. The play won Production of the Year. 'I really love all aspects of the Arts, I design, write and act, but be assured, I will not be releasing a single anytime soon' Denise laughs.
2015 also saw WORLD become the first fashion brand globally to be endorsed by the United Nations for their international T-shirt design that was launched in New York for the Global Goals, which is a 15 year project covering the major issues facing the next generation.
Twenty percent from the sales from the shirts will go to support this project. The Global Goals Launch was attended by Queen Rania of Spain, Victoria Beckham, Alek Wek, and Richard Curtis amongst a host of international Ambassadors. Denise was also invited to hear the Pope at the General Assembly during this time. WORLD will be launching their new design in 2016.
WORLD firmly believes in supporting their supporters, and the New Zealand fashion industry in general, and continues to manufacture its clothing production in New Zealand, of which they are very proud.
Client Comments for Denise L'Estrange-Corbet
Denise L'Estrange-Corbet travels from New Zealand
- WOW what can I say… she was absolutely fantastic. The ladies were thrilled and can talk about nothing else today - the school is a buzz with laughter and joy after last night.
The overall feedback from everyone was how ‘real' Denise was - I don't think there was anyone in the audience that was not ‘in stitches' during most of her presentation. We LOVED having her.
She was perfect for the crowd and what an absolutely delightful ‘down to earth' lady Denise is. She left 250 women very happy and they were inspired by her message of how so many things about us (women) are OK!
St Peter's College
- Denise was very entertaining and the feedback from our clients was that she came across as very honest and personable.
Citi International Woman's Day Dinner
- Denise was an outstanding speaker – a true professional in every sense of the word. We were very much looking forward to her closing our conference and she did not disappoint. Her talk was witty, from the heart and packed a punch and she had 165 women totally enthralled and hanging off her every word.
Tauranga Chamber of Commerce Regional Business Women's Conference
- Denise was well received by the audience. They enjoyed her down to earth 'real' attitude and approach. She gave them a new and fresh appreciation for women in business.
Pharmacy Wholesalers Russells
- Denise touched on a wide variety of topics - all entertaining and humourous. They all loved her and could relate to her. She was wonderful!
- Denise's presentation was excellent and the audience thoroughly enjoyed it.—
- Denise was extremely well suited to our event. The speech was pitched at the right level and was very entertaining.
Pharmacy Brands Ltd
- Denise's presentation was excellent - motivational, funny and stylish.
- "Denise was just wonderful! Very easy to deal with and our teachers absolutely loved her honesty and humour. Denise's life story was a perfect fit for the theme of our conference "Resilience". Denise is a true inspiration."
Hutt City Kindergarten Annual Teachers Conference
- business success
"So helpful as always….really appreciated the response times when trying to change dates from original Feb date thanks."
Schneider Electric - Conference Dinner
Subscribe to our newsletter