The 'Kamo Kid' Ian Jones is in high demand as one of the nations leading Rugby speakers.
Ian is the second most capped All Black of all time. He has 79 test caps and Sean Fitzpatrick is the only All Black with more caps, on 92. Jones is also the most capped second row in the history of the game of rugby.
During the 1920’s, Ian's great grandfather played for New Zealand. His name was ‘Bunny’ Finlayson.
1990 saw Jones make his debut for the All Blacks, against Scotland at Carisbrook in Dunedin in which he scored a try.
In 1996, also at Carisbrook and also playing against Scotland, he celebrated his 50th cap with another try. Jones comes from the Whangarei suburb of Kamo at the top of the North Island, and has always been known as the ‘Kamo Kid’. He played his Super 12 rugby for the Chiefs and his NPC career for North Harbour.
Jones was a casualty of criticism in earlier years, due to his perceived ‘lack of bulk’ to become one of New Zealand rugby's greatest ever locks. In 1999 he left the New Zealand game to play for the English club Gloucester.
Jones returned to New Zealand in 2002, after retiring from the game, and is now a regular television commentator with Sky TV.
If you are looking for a down to earth, personable and entertaining rugby speaker or anecdotal dinner speaker – look no further than Ian Jones.
Client Comments for Ian Jones
Ian Jones travels from New Zealand
- Ian assessed the crowd well and was very entertaining. The audience warmed to him and appeared to hang off his every word. After the formalities Ian was very personable with the audience.
Unitec New Zealand
- Our audience thorougly enjoyed having Ian speak and mix with them afterwards.
Opinion Holdings Ltd
- Our expectations were exceeded with Ian!
NZ Window Shades Ltd
- Ian was very entertaining - the audience enjoyed him.
- Ian Jones was extremely well received by our audience across five events. Our audience is diverse and Ian tailored his speaking beautifully to the brief we provided ensuring delegates thoroughly enjoyed his address, rating him very highly in the questionnaire we ask them to complete at each event. Ian's easy-going manner made him a pleasure to deal with from an organisers point of view. His willingness to engage with our customers before, during and after each event ensured he was a very popular choice of speaker.
Genetic Technologies Ltd
"So helpful as always….really appreciated the response times when trying to change dates from original Feb date thanks."
Schneider Electric - Conference Dinner
Subscribe to our newsletter