The 'Kamo Kid' Ian Jones is in high demand as one of the nations leading Rugby speakers.
1990 saw Jones make his debut for the All Blacks, against Scotland at Carisbrook in Dunedin in which he scored a try.
In 1996, also at Carisbrook and also playing against Scotland, he celebrated his 50th cap with another try. Jones comes from the Whangarei suburb of Kamo at the top of the North Island, and has always been known as the ‘Kamo Kid’. He played his Super 12 rugby for the Chiefs and his NPC career for North Harbour.
Jones was a casualty of criticism in earlier years, due to his perceived ‘lack of bulk’ to become one of New Zealand rugby's greatest ever locks. In 1999 he left the New Zealand game to play for the English club Gloucester.
Jones returned to New Zealand in 2002, after retiring from the game, and is now a regular television commentator with Sky TV.
If you are looking for a down to earth, personable and entertaining rugby speaker or anecdotal dinner speaker – look no further than Ian Jones.
Client Comments for Ian Jones
Ian Jones travels from New Zealand
- Ian assessed the crowd well and was very entertaining. The audience warmed to him and appeared to hang off his every word. After the formalities Ian was very personable with the audience.
Unitec New Zealand
- Our audience thorougly enjoyed having Ian speak and mix with them afterwards.
Opinion Holdings Ltd
- Our expectations were exceeded with Ian!
NZ Window Shades Ltd
- Ian was very entertaining - the audience enjoyed him.
- "Ian Jones was fantastic to deal with and he did an outstanding job on the auction, helping raise $15,000 to St John from the lunch which was an amazing effort! It would have not been that much if it wasn't for the assistance of Ian Jones. I would highly recommend him as an MC to anyone."
The Flying Moa
- Ian was amazing! Very engaging and the group were very excited to speak with him afterwards during morning tea.
Orbit Corporate Travel
- Ian spoke very well, off the cuff and related well to the audience. He followed the brief we discussed and kept over 300 quarry delegates engaged and entertained with his anecdotes and insightful comments. His presence nicely complimented an excellent conference welcome dinner that we sponsored.
- Ian Jones was extremely well received by our audience across five events. Our audience is diverse and Ian tailored his speaking beautifully to the brief we provided ensuring delegates thoroughly enjoyed his address, rating him very highly in the questionnaire we ask them to complete at each event. Ian's easy-going manner made him a pleasure to deal with from an organisers point of view. His willingness to engage with our customers before, during and after each event ensured he was a very popular choice of speaker.
Genetic Technologies Ltd
"Excellent service, nothing was a problem and made the whole process seamless."
NZICA - Presidential Dinner
Subscribe to our newsletter