Jesse Mulligan hosts the afternoon programme on RNZ National, weekdays. He became a household name thanks to his appearances on 7 Days, Seven Sharp and Best Bits.
But there’s a lot more to Jesse than what you see on TV. He works as a writer for television, radio and magazines, and he’s the restaurant critic for NZ Herald’s Viva magazine.
Jesse attributes his writing ability to the success of many of his MC roles. He spends time before the event preparing his presentation and humour to be specific to your industry or audience.
Originally from Hamilton, Jesse has ‘done it all’ in the media, and it’s his diverse CV which enables him to perform professionally and entertainingly at any live event. He’s been a stand up comic, TV producer, writer, PR man, food reviewer, radio announcer and, of course, a sought after MC. He’s even a trained lawyer.
With hundreds of awards nights, conferences and gala dinners under his belt, family man Jesse knows what your event needs and delivers beyond expectations every time. His unique background in stand up comedy and corporate communications allow him to inject humour and warmth to the evening, without ever losing sight of the overall objectives of the event.
Jesse is the consummate professional and perfect for your next event!
Client Comments for Jesse Mulligan
Jesse Mulligan travels from New Zealand
- We were lucky to have Jesse hosting our awards dinner, which coincided with the official launch of Spark New Zealand. Jesse delivered on so many levels; style, humour, professionalism and "unprofessionalism" when it was called for! What impressed us most was Jesse's ability to adapt and synchronise with the other speakers on stage quickly and effortlessly. It was clear he had taken the time to research and understand the brief, the audience, our business and the future we are trying to create for our customers. Our team loved working with Jesse and we hope he'll work with us again in the future.
- Feedback from organisers and participants was that Jesse did a brilliant job and delivered an entertaining performance as well as clear communication throughout the event, introducing speakers. Jesse has a great balance between smart and funny and works great for a function that was semi-formal but added a light yet quality approach to the overall feel and format.
- Jesse was fantastic, really professional and friendly. The attendees thought he was brilliant. He kept the evening to schedule and made for a fun night!
Loyalty New Zealand Ltd
- Jesse, you were without a doubt the right choice for the event. Feedback from both members and clients about you has been particularly outstanding. From my perspective, your proactive and creative suggestions leading up to and during the event were received gratefully. Please be assured that I wouldn't hesitate in recommending you for any jobs in the future and will most certainly keep you top of mind for any of my own events should you be willing to take on another one.
Auckland Convention Bureau
- Jesse helped promote a relaxed and humourous atmosphere for our dinner while maintaining the brevity that the event required. Jesse was funny while being highly professional and courteous. As an MC he spoke clearly and naturally and socialised well afterwards. We are delighted with his performance and would recommend him.
"Excellent service, nothing was a problem and made the whole process seamless."
NZICA - Presidential Dinner
Subscribe to our newsletter