Award winning comedian, and presenter for New Zealand comedy show 'Best Bits' - Jesse Mulligan has an extensive and diverse background, having seen success as a comedian, broadcaster, writer, public relations practitioner, restaurant critic, radio announcer and MC. He even trained as a lawyer.
Originally a Hamilton boy, he worked on More FM’s breakfast show for almost ten years, first in Wellington then Auckland. In between, he had an eventful OE working in PR in London, a story he tells with great humour onstage.
Jesse became a regular face on TV as a panelist on the hit TV3 show
‘7 Days’. He then became a household name as one of the original hosts of Seven Sharp, and he spent over a year with that show before leaving in 2014 to host comedy panel show ‘Best Bits’.
Jesse also works behind the scenes, having written for a number of top rating comedy shows including ‘Jono and Ben at Ten’. Jesse’s solo stand up show ‘Middle Class’ was one of the highlights of the 2011 Comedy Festival.
With hundreds of awards nights, conferences and gala dinners under his belt, Jesse knows what your event needs and delivers beyond expectations every time. His diverse background in stand up comedy and corporate communications allow him to inject humour and warmth to the evening, without ever losing sight of the overall objectives of the event.
Jesse is the consummate professional and perfect for your next event!
Client Comments for Jesse Mulligan
Jesse Mulligan travels from New Zealand
- Jesse, you were without a doubt the right choice for the event. Feedback from both members and clients about you has been particularly outstanding. From my perspective, your proactive and creative suggestions leading up to and during the event were received gratefully. Please be assured that I wouldn't hesitate in recommending you for any jobs in the future and will most certainly keep you top of mind for any of my own events should you be willing to take on another one.
Auckland Convention Bureau
- Feedback from organisers and participants was that Jesse did a brilliant job and delivered an entertaining performance as well as clear communication throughout the event, introducing speakers. Jesse has a great balance between smart and funny and works great for a function that was semi-formal but added a light yet quality approach to the overall feel and format.
- Jesse was fantastic, really professional and friendly. The attendees thought he was brilliant. He kept the evening to schedule and made for a fun night!
Loyalty New Zealand Ltd
- Jesse helped promote a relaxed and humourous atmosphere for our dinner while maintaining the brevity that the event reqired. Jesse was funny while being highly professional and courteous. As an MC he spoke clearly and naturally and socialised well afterwards. We are delighted with his performance and would recommend him.
- We were lucky to have Jesse hosting our awards dinner, which coincided with the official launch of Spark New Zealand. Jesse delivered on so many levels; style, humour, professionalism and "unprofessionalism" when it was called for! What impressed us most was Jesse's ability to adapt and synchronise with the other speakers on stage quickly and effortlessly. It was clear he had taken the time to research and understand the brief, the audience, our business and the future we are trying to create for our customers. Our team loved working with Jesse and we hope he'll work with us again in the future.
"Anita was excellent from the get-go in assisting with securing our speakers. Great follow-up. Once our speakers were sorted, Jean took over with the contract phase and everything went extremely smoothly."
Subscribe to our newsletter